top of page

Essaouira الصويرة

The old cemetery, also called the marine cemetery, is separated from the ocean by a single wall. It has 2400 tombstones all made of rocky stones, the oldest of which date from 1775. Very visited because it hosts the mausoleum of Rabbi Ḥaim Pinto,[2] the old cemetery served until around 1875 as the main cemetery of the city which had a large Jewish community





bottom of page